Christmas: The Cards

It is common knowledge that I love sending Holiday cards and that I send them early.

My stack of 150 rectangular gifts of postal love were sent out on December 3rd. I heard from friends in Holland and England that theirs were received in 5 days! I truly love the United States Postal Service!
In addition to sending to my friends and family, I belong to the Victorian Letter Writers Guild where, thus far, I have mailed a dozen cards to various strangers. To paraphrase the famous saying, "A pen pal is a stranger you haven't yet written".
If you are reading this and aren't on my list, let me know. No mailbox should be left empty... during the holidays and always!

"The pen in your hand is a magic wand
with which you can send joy, hope, love and courage
across deserts and plains, over mountains and seas,
around the world and around the corner."
-Wilferd A. Peterson, The Art of Writing Letters

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments