On to Occidental...

Our younger son and his family live amongst the Redwoods and a morning stroll revealed great delights.

The most delight came from the profusion of blooming Rhododendrons.


Rhododendrons light up the spring landscape with showy, colorful blooms. They're some of the most gorgeous shrubs around, producing big branches covered in flowers in a wide range of colors.
Nature put on quite a show.


Don't get me wrong, the dense forest of beautiful redwoods delighted as well. It is always magical to meandered through these giants.

We eventually found ourselves in the Community Garden.
This particular flower caught my eye. When I was a kid, I always loved dried flower arrangements (I was weird). This flower was always a favorite part. I don't think I've ever seen one growing. What a memory evoker.

Being with family, hanging out in nature... these are the simple things that give life pleasure. I'm one happy camper.

posted under |

1 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

Ummm, I think I would like to live amongst the redwoods. It looks so peaceful and quaint (and unCalifornia-like).

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments