San Diego Zoo Safari Park...

Karen invited me to be her guest at the Wild Animal Park and I was beyond excited.

The last time we were here together was for a Roar & Snore campout (Aug. 24, 2019).


We hit all our favorite spots.


And ogled all our favorite critters.



With cool temps, all the animals were at play.

No one plays better than elephants. The show was entertaining, big time!


The lion was vocalizing while the lioness posed for photos.


Even the tigers were out and about, enjoying the day.
With the African tram closed, we enjoyed the rhinos, and other animals visible from the interior of the park. I was a bit envious of these people who purchased a safari.
Life is good when you're a chubby unicorn!
Seeing the new baby rhino brought glee.




It was great to see these guys at play. I don't know if you remember but in January, three western lowland gorillas tested positive for the coronavirus, making them the world’s first-known great apes to contract the virus. Seeing them today means they have fully recovered. Woohoo!
This photo makes me smile. It is such a great representation of my feelings of this day: love, delight, happiness. This was my first outing where I drove myself, and had a one-on-one day with a girlfriend, without Steve (it has been 20 months). While I love my husband immensely, there is nothing quite like girl time and he so gets that! I am a happy gal, indeed.
“Friendship is a strong and habitual inclination in two persons
to promote the good and happiness of one another.”
– Eustace Budgell

posted under |

1 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

What a perfect day at the Safari Park! The animals were super active!
I think we are headed there next week. :)
***

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments