Growing Giant Sunflowers...

We spend a lot of time in Carlsbad and their library was kind enough to issue me a library card.

When I was notified that I could come and pick up a packet of seeds, I signed up for Giant Sunflowers.
This is a concerted effort. The Carlsbad City Library was in partnership with Carlsbad Community Gardens Collaborative who offered the seeds in conjunction with The Great Sunflower Project. Whew!
The purpose is to have a garden which appeals to pollinators. "We are delighted to have you join us and hope that you’ll become part of our community of gardeners, beekeepers, birders and naturalists who are providing thousands of records of pollinators each year. Your records are invaluable data on the state of our pollinators and are helping to build the best data set on plants and pollinators."
If I can actually get my seeds to sprout, I would love to contribute to the project and I will delight in a yard of sunflowers and pollinators. A girl can hope!

"I grow plants for many reasons:
to please my eye or to please my soul,
to challenge the elements or to challenge my patience,
for novelty or for nostalgia,
but mostly for the joy in seeing them grow."
-David Hobson

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments