The Painted Rock CRAZE...

According to an article in the Tahoe Daily Tribune, there is a craze sweeping Tahoe (and the world actually).

I happen to know that artists have been painting stones for years. This cat was given to me, two decades ago, by my very talented friend, Leslie.
What makes this current art movement so unique is that people are painting these rocks and either hiding them or placing them places, everywhere. We began seeing them in Alaska, actually. While driving along, we would see them out the corner of our eyes, second guessing what we saw.
Now there are facebook pages devoted to this social media craze. Steve spotted this creation at the foot of the wooden sculpture at our local Safeway.
Temecula Rox, in our old hometown, has over 3,400 members on its facebook page. It's a public group, which makes it super fun to peruse. They not only show the rocks they have painted, but the ones they have found as well. One lady discovered some stone art in the bottom of a Christmas stocking, hanging for sale at WalMart. Oh I do love a treasure hunt.
When I mentioned my discovery, my friend, Mary Jo sent this photo of her contribution to the craze.
Today, I found this cute guy at the post office. I'm going to hold on to him for a bit and then move him along. They are meant to travel. We were left a lovely rock on our truck, in Alaska, from Oregon. Who knew!? I'm feeling some creativity brewing. Watch for more about this from me.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments