If I wasn't created as a human...

What would I want to be? This was the prompt for our last writing group. It's kind of fun to ponder, but I only had five minutes to write. This was my answer...

If I wasn't created as a human, I'd want to be a sunflower, for to me, there is nothing as cheery or as bright in the world.

This majestic bloom stands in a field taller than those plants which surround it. Its brilliant yellow petals are visible from great distances, allowing happiness to begin, in wonderful anticipation.

Its face, no matter its circumstances, is always turned toward the sun, seeking its warmth and goodness.

Its seeds number in vast quantities, allowing new sprouts to grow over large areas, spreading its cheeriness easily and freely.

It is a sunflower that I'd want to be, if, of course, I wasn't me.

posted under |

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a sunflower to me!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments