Embracing V-Day...

I'm a big proponent of "firsts".  When I learned about a production of The Vagina Monologues coming to Lake Tahoe, I signed Steve and myself up to volunteer, not fully understanding what it was truly about but knowing that it was a benefit for women.

V-Day is a global activist movement to end violence against women and girls. V-Day is a catalyst that promotes creative events to increase awareness, raise money, and revitalize the spirit of existing anti-violence organizations. V-Day generates broader attention for the fight to stop violence against women and girls, including rape, battery, incest, female genital mutilation, and sex slavery.

Performances of the Monologues have been a big part of fundraising efforts for V-Day and seeing the sold out performances, two nights in a row, several support organizations in our community are going to benefit greatly.

Both of us thought the evening was very well done and extremely eye-opening.  Some of the subject matter was extremely difficult to hear My Vagina Was My Village, while others made us laugh out loud, My Angry Vagina.  I think, for me, hearing the word vagina so openly discussed was the most unique part of the evening.  Definitely a first!

posted under |

1 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

So what you are saying is that you are a virgin to hearing vagina so openly? Interesting...
I would like to hear more about the production!
***

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments