Lincoln: the movie...

Prior to relocating to Tahoe, I was a real filmophile and frequented the movie theater many times a month.  I heard glowing reviews about Lincoln and today seemed an ideal time to go.

Covering the last four months of President Lincoln's life and focusing on his efforts to get the 13th amendment passed, I was moved by his devotion to ending slavery.  Steve, his folks, and I were given a history lesson told via incredible cinematography and believable acting.

For almost three hours, I believed I was in the presence of the great man himself (Daniel Day-Lewis was Lincoln).  I had always liked our 16th president and now admire him so much more. Wow!
              "Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery,
            I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally."
                                               -Lincoln

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments