The Art of Racing in the Rain...

Yesterday I attended my very first, and very fun, Friends of the Library Book Club meeting.  I was extremely eager to discuss the amazing novel chosen for this month The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein.  The story of the roller coaster, we call life, is told by the main character's dog, Enzo.  The humanity of this dog and the hope that is expressed in this book had me hooked from the beginning.

A heart-wrenching but deeply funny and ultimately uplifting story of family, love, loyalty, and hope, The Art of Racing in the Rain is a beautifully crafted and captivating look at the wonders and absurdities of human life...as only a dog could tell it.

"That which we manifest is before us; we are the creators of our own destiny.
Be it through intention or ignorance,
our successes and our failures have been brought on
by none other than ourselves."-Garth Stein

posted under |

1 comments:

Customer recommendations for Towing Companies in Round Rock said...

This is a story narrated by a dog and listening to his "voice" is the best way to get his story. I bought this CD for a long road trip, for which it was perfect. I had tears in my eyes much of the time from either laughing at his hysterical antics or the sadness of some of what happened. I will keep this one forever.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments