Our day at The Ellen Show...

When I was thinking how I wanted to celebrate Kegan's birth (mom's should get the celebrating, we do all the work), I chose to try to attain Ellen tickets.  I was very fortunate and today that is exactly how we spent our day.

Keri has been my "Ellen Friend" for years so when I had to pick who I wanted to go with me, I chose her and her husband, Russ, along with Steve.  I thought Steve would want some extra testosterone along with us.

We ate at a quaint little Italian restaurant and then got in line for the show.  What I love about The Ellen Show is the camaraderie! 

Ellen is magical.  She had all of us cheering and feeling happy.  When she danced through the studio, she dance right by me and I am certain when I watch the episode, tomorrow at 4 PM on NBC, I will be very visible to anyone looking for me.

Her guests were very diverse from the snake wrangler that freed her farm of a rattler to an amazing 12 year old trumpet player.  Her musical act was Ellie Goulding, a very entertaining Brit whose first album debuted at #1 on the UK Albums Chart (we were lucky to get a copy).

Her main guest was Khloé Kardashian Odom.  While I am not a fan of the Kardashian Klan, I found Khloé incredibly likeable.  She spoke of her partnership with Sears working towards anti-bullying,  "I've been bullied, basically, my entire life. I've been compared to my sisters since the day I was born. I don't look exactly like them... I'm bigger than them, but I'm me...I'm just always told how big I am..."  It made her very human to me and I really appreciated her vulnerability. 

In addition, she totally endeared herself to Steve and Russ when she announced that everyone in the audience would be getting a $200 Sears gift card to promote her new Kardashian Kollection.  Wow!

Our day was extremely fun.  Great friends, food, entertainment and generous, unexpected yet very appreciated, gifts.  Just when I thought I couldn't love Ellen more!

Oh and a side note, as we were heading to our car, Ellen drove up and had to wait for us to cross the street.  It gave all of us the opportunity to see her and thank her for a great show.  The icing on this delicious day!
 
For me, it's that I contributed,
... That I'm on this planet doing some good and making people happy.
That's to me the most important thing,
that my hour of television is positive and upbeat
and an antidote for all the negative stuff going on in life.

-Ellen DeGeneres

posted under |

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a wonderful day and wonderful friendship. You make life grand.

Keri and Russ

Nick and Deb's Excellent Adventure said...

SO awesome is all I can say! I love Ellen and would love to see her show one day! Glad you got to enjoy it and now have some free spending at Sears! Thanks to Klohe! She is an interesting gal for sure.

Four Points Bulletin said...

Sounds like a great time, I can't wait to get tickets! I want to go this year for sure. :)
***

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments