La nostra Spiaggia Verde (our green beach)...

Umbria is the only region, of Italy's 20, that is completely landlocked.  So Steve and I embraced the couple of hours of sunshine that washed over la nostra terrazza verde.  It was a welcomed burst of warmth and leisure after a chilly, busy week.

We are still enjoying the memories we made yesterday with the delegation from Charleston.  What a fun group.  One of the guests, Lisa, was celebrating her birthday so I taught everyone how to sing "Happy Birthday" in Italian.  I'm pretty certain that will be an unforgettable moment for many.  I came to the realization that yesterday impacted me so much because this was the first time we were able to "host" guests.  We received this rewarding comment from Charles Van Rysselberge, CEO of the Charleston Chamber of Commerce,  "You were outstanding hosts and brought Spoleto to life in such a personal way for all of us!"  Steve and I are looking forward for the next opportunity.

posted under |

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so surprised they thought you were great hosts...you have changed so much since you have lived here!! Hahaha. I am sure they had an incredible time, birthday or no birthday. Speaking of which...1 more day!
***

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments