Airport Transport = Friend Connections

Sacramento International Airport (SMF) is 115 miles from our cabin. Reno-Tahoe Airport is half the distance. I have Cindy fly to SMF for several reasons: 1. Southwest Airlines flies there directly and is pretty inexpensive; 2. There is so much to do in Sacramento, once there; and 3. All my favorite shopping is along the route home. But the ultimate best reason is the friend connections I can make to and fro.

This particular visit afforded me with a treasure trove of friend visits. Lunch with Keri, another transplant from Temecula who has been in my life for over two decades. She moved to Folsom, which is conveniently right on the way.
With Cindy's flight to SMF arriving at 8 AM, Fern provided me with overnight accommodations, delightful company, and she even let me win at Scrabble. Fern is one of my first friends in South Lake Tahoe and a true kindred spirit!
For the return of Cindy to the airport, Karen joined me so we could visit Mary Jo who had recently moved from Tahoe to Sacramento. What fun to be able to gleefully witness this new life she is making. It was very exciting to be there.
Karen and I used the familiar path home to fulfill all our consumer needs. The final stop was at her brother's home in Placerville, an idyllic setting I had heard so much about and just had to see for myself.
This stop introduced me to Karen's wonderful sister-in-law, Dee. It also allowed us to feed koi and harvest homegrown produce. Wow.

With Cindy's visit we not only made some amazing new memories together, I also had the chance to create unforgettable memories with so many dear friends. What a true gift.

"Despite knowing they won't be here for long,
they still choose to live their brightest lives —
sunflowers."
– Rupi Kaur

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments