Traversing U.S. Route 395 Again & Again

This is the summer of multiple road trips going north and south along the Eastern Sierra. Our goal is to try to give equal time to our two favorite things: Steve's Mom and Lake Tahoe.

Of all the drives we have ever taken, these 479 miles are our ultimate favorite.

Knowing we were going to be spending a great deal of time in the car, we decided that we are going to have to agree on audiobooks to listen to together. Oh my gosh, this first choice, 1776, by David McCullough is an exceptional inaugural read. We have learned so much. Wow.
When I came to Tahoe by myself, a couple of weeks ago, I came up with a simple solution for the endless sitting. Every time I stop, I get out my jump rope and get my heart pumping for a bit. I'm certain it's a sight to behold but I really don't care. It is such an activity from my childhood, I feel like a kid again, stopped along the roadway just having fun.

Maybe I need a soundtrack for these trips since according to Tom Wait, "Most songs that aren't jump rope songs, or lullabies, are cautionary tales or goodbye songs and road songs." Hmmm.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments