A License Plate the DMV Approved?

I love personalized license plates and have shared many I have seen. When we first moved to Tahoe, I was excited to share my love of my new hometown and tried to find the perfect letters to express it.

This was my proposed, and quickly rejected, choice: LOVESLT. I saw it as Love South Lake Tahoe. The DMV and others saw it as LOVE SLUT.  "Per California Vehicle Code, Section 5105, the department may refuse any combination of letters that may be considered offensive or misleading!" Needless-to-say, I had to come up with something different, settling on LT💓ERS which no one really understood and has since been surrendered for just a standard plate.

How this plate was allowed through the censorship at the DMV I will never know. My only guess is back in 1982, when California plates were made white with blue lettering, no one thought this was offensive or they weren't checking that thoroughly or the person approving the plate really, really, really loved snow, too. Wild stuff.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments