Sonoma County's 36th Annual Art Trails

"For two weekends in September, you can explore artists’ sanctuaries and discover the person behind those paintings, drawings, prints and sculptures in glass, wood, bronze, stone or clay... Listen to their stories and learn about the talent and skill involved to reach such beauty."

Our timing to be at our younger son's could not have been more perfect. Without a lot of time allotted, I tagged along for errands with his mother-in-law and we visited the top studio on my list, that of Patrick Amiot.
Of the list of top things to do in Sebastopol, Florence Ave, lined with Mr. Amiot's sculptures, is at the top.
What a joy it was to see more of his creations, up close and at his actual home studio.
Patrick Amiot and his wife, Brigitte Laurent, are the talented team which creates junk art and wall reliefs found throughout Sonoma County. Each piece is a collaborative effort of ideas and talents, jointly conceived- Patrick sculpts and Brigitte paints.






Patrick shared with us what a great success the Art Trail event has been for them, selling all but two of his pieces.
This Owl had just sold when we were there. There was giddiness from the buyers and the artists, alike. What fun.
I loved this VW Van driven by hippies.
The cleverness is best seen up close!
If I ever find myself with an extra $4,000, I know where I would be shopping!


I even peeked 'behind the scenes' to see where all the magic happens.
What amazing chaos! I would so love to play with all his supplies.

There is nothing mundane about Patrick and Brigitte including their sweet pup.
There were 121 artists, selected by an anonymous jury of five, to open their studios to the public for this signature Sonoma County art experience. We made it to only one yet that made me very happy! Next time, I'll attempt to visit more but WOW...this was a pretty great stop along the Trail.

“I can’t think of anything more rewarding
than being able to express yourself to others through painting.
Exercising the imagination, experimenting with talents,
being creative; these things, to me,
are truly the windows to your soul.”
-Bob Ross

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments