My Posting on Facebook...

I was very reluctant to join Facebook until I realized there was a lot of information I could only get by connecting there. My mindset was with Betty White who, on her first and only hosting gig for SNL (2010), famously said, "Needless to say, we didn't have Facebook when I was growing up. We had Phonebook, but… you wouldn't waste an afternoon on it."

One of the groups I belong to, which has been a wealth of information, is I Love Lake Tahoe. A great deal of fire facts was posted there during the chaos of the active Caldor Fire. Over the last few days, the emphasis seems to have shifted. People started sharing their memories with recollections and vintage photos of Tahoe over the years. I promptly joined in the fun. My post reads, "This Emerald Bay photo, circa 1964, started my husband's love of Tahoe which was passed on to me and our two sons. When he retired and realized we could live anywhere, South Lake Tahoe was our only choice! I 💓SLT."

I had no idea that little Stevie would evoke such appreciation. Within 24 hours, 330 people 'liked or loved' it, 20 commented and 2 shared. The shift to good memories has been heartwarming and needed. Facebook has united us. Don't get me wrong, I'm still with Betty on its time demands, however!

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments