Me & My Big Brother Chuck...

My oldest brother and I have been trying to connect for the last two years and something has always gotten in the way. The first was my neck fracture, followed by COVID, with the last interruption being the recent fire evacuations.

Today, Chuck was supposed to end his fun at the Reno Air Races and come to Tahoe for some quality sibling time. His deadline to cancel his ticket extension was right when all the uncertainty of even knowing we would have a cabin to host him in was at its zenith, so we sadly canceled it all. He called this morning and asked if we could meet up for breakfast at least, so off we went to Carson for some quality family time, if only briefly!

The timing of our connecting is pretty special. It was 34 years and eight days ago that Chuck gave me away at my wedding to Steve. Pretty special indeed! Timing really is everything.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments