New Mask from a Super Woman...

I have been gifted some amazing masks which I thoroughly love. I have to share my newest face adornment made by my talented quilting friend, Chesta. It states, "Locally made with a prayer for your health and safety..." So cute.

Packaged very professionally, what began as a labor of love, evolved into a way to help charities during this time of COVID. "The husband of my long-time friend was celebrating his 50th anniversary as a Volunteer Firefighter with our local Fire Company,..."celebrating" being the operative word in light of the pandemic.  I really wanted to recognize him in some way, so I didn't sell the masks- I, instead, asked people to make a donation to the Jackson Center Volunteer Fire Company.  I hoped to raise $1000 for the Fire Company.  Well, it took longer than I anticipated, but kept me busy during those months and, in the end, I had raised $1345 for them!" And it has continued from there.
Each mask takes about 25-30 minutes from start to finish- at least for meticulous Chesta it does. She makes sure the seams are reinforced, that they are pressed in between sewing steps, and that the seams are trimmed adequately, etc. She writes on the back of the packaging, "Masks are made in a smoke-free, pet-free home from new fabric, washed in hot water with Arm & Hammer Free & Clear Detergent for Sensitive Skin. Although care has been taken to insure this mask is clean, it is up to you to wash and sanitize it before each use.

100% cotton fabrics have been used for breathability, washability and tight weave. Homemade face masks are not a substitute for proper PPE, rather, they are meant to help community members “slow the spread” in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain. Thank you for caring about others."
She has crafted hundreds of masks, in an dazzling array of fabric choices (my mail/bike/friend theme couldn't have been more me). She sells them for only $5 each, postage included, and has just posted 165 photos of individual masks, currently available, on her facebook page under October masks. IM her if you see something you or all of your loved ones would want. They are truly spectacular and you will feel her love and dedication. What a gift.
"So is it a business? Not really.
It's more like an extension of who and what I am...
doing things for charitable causes."
-Chesta

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments