I LOVE Stamps...

 I have found a new supplier for my current addiction: Vintage Postage Stamps.

Chelsey, at Italic Illustrator, scores some pretty amazing treasures and I have to have them.
When I was young, I had a stamp collection (oh where is it now?). I know I bought packages like these from ads in the back of magazines.
Somehow having them again is nostalgic for me not to mention the fact that they are super fun to play with. A little history about Hygrade World Stamps- The big guy in stamps sales, for decades, was Samuel Grossman (born December 6, 1897). He was an American manufacturer, publisher, author, and president of Grossman Stamp Company (incorporated in New York in 1927). He was THE GUY.
This was written in 1978, "One of the most useful is the paperback, Stamp Collector's Handbook, by Samuel Grossman. A 190‐page, profusely illustrated paperback with a thorough index, this volume has gone through 16 printings in the last two decades. It assumes that the reader knows nothing about the hobby and seeks to provide the fundamentals as simply and yet thoroughly as possible." I may need to find this handbook. Oh boy, I'm in stamp trouble now.

“I owe my life to my hobbies
 especially stamp collecting.” 
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments