Broken Neck Follow Up #9: DRIVING

I DROVE TODAY! That might not sound like a big deal but this is the first time, in 13 months, where I got to be behind the wheel (Steve's truck had to be taken to the repair shop and I followed him to get him back home again).

I keep writing about the joy of "little things" and this certainly was a win in my healing process. I won't be driving again anytime soon, as I'm waiting until the New Year for my all clear report. Yet, there was a sense of accomplishment and normalcy from this short excursion. Woo hoo. Joy, joy!

"Life is made up of small pleasures.
Happiness is made up of those tiny successes.
The big ones come too infrequently.
And if you don't collect all these tiny successes,
the big ones don't really mean anything."
-Norman Lear

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments