A Gwen Frostic Follow Up...

On Friday, I introduced you to artist Gwen Frostic who I met because my friend, Bill, gifted me a spectacular scrapbook of hers. I was very curious about its age and history so I wrote the company who still produces her images. Awesome Esther took the time to explain my treasure.

Hello Denise,

That particular book is what we have as an "Remembrance Book". We still make them. You can see them on our website. There is a choice of 6 different covers, pages are all the same, as showing on our website (www.gwenfrostic.com). The signature, I believe was printed on with the Heidelberg Printers, we have here in the shop. If Gwen had signed it, it would have been in pencil, I am sure. Gwen passed away in 2001. One of the gals back in the production part of here, says she started in 1969, and does not remember that particular cover. She thinks it may have been prior to coming to this building. Maybe back when Gwen was in Frankfort, before this place was built. So possibly made in the 60s or so. I believe it is very old. What a treasure, made to last, for sure. We are still using those designs to this day, though. Hope this has helped some. Thank you so much for sharing.

Be Safe,
Esther
@Gwen Frostic Prints ;)

I do love follow up stories. I hope you found this of interest. I'm incredibly intrigued and have this studio on my "must see" list whenever we're near Michigan.

posted under |

1 comments:

Nesbit Library rocks! said...

Another great bit of research and good ending.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments