Flip Phones are Cool This Christmas

I had to add this ornament to my holiday collection. For those who know me, I am of a dying breed of dedicated flip phone owners. Obviously, I am not the only one.

As a matter of fact, Billionaire Warren Buffet, Chris Pine, Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, Kate Beckinsale, Scarlett Johansson, Jay Leno, and many more have been spotted using the good old flip phone. Why is this becoming popular compared to using the modern iPhone or newest Samsung Galaxy?

Time could have rendered the handset obsolete, but this did not prevent us from craving the charm of an old-school flip phone. So much so that these nostalgic devices are making a comeback wonderfully, both in new and retro guises.

In the same way, that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, coolness is also a matter of perspective. Of course, it may be good to have a super smart smartphone. But sometimes you just want to make and receive phone calls without too much drama. And sometimes take (and share) a photo.

There are many reasons why this device will come out trendy in the years to come including size, security, durability and cost. I love my phone mainly because I'm old school and I like the disconnectedness of it. Here's to being trendy without even knowing it.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments