The Drive on 395...

After barely enough time to unpack, we've headed south to see family and friends.

I followed the Arctic Fox for 485 miles. What great views!
Thankfully, I had a beacon guiding me because I was fully entranced by my audio book, At Home by Bill Bryson. Oh my gosh. I didn't want to stop the car, ever. First off, it is read by the Iowa born and raised author. What's hysterical is the fact that he has spent decades in England and has a very British accent and vocabulary. The subject matter is mesmerizing. “Houses aren’t refuges from history. They are where history ends up.” Through 13 CDs, Mr. Bryson is sharing his Victorian parsonage with me and all the significant historical happenings by journeying about his house from room to room to “write a history of the world without leaving home.” I can't recommend this book enough.
“When all’s said and done, all roads lead to the same end.
So it’s not so much which road you take, as how you take it.”
– Charles de Lint

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments