Rock Tahoe Half Marathon Expo...

My first volunteer commitment, after being gone seven weeks, was for the exceptional Rock Tahoe Half Marathon Expo.

Four years ago, we volunteered for the inaugural event. This is what I wrote about it then and while I won't be there for race day tomorrow, I would still so write the same accolades based on my experience today:

How can one explain the powerful experience the Rock Tahoe Marathon gave? Pushing oneself beyond expectations in a setting so spectacular that if running hadn't taken your breath away, the view certainly did.
For hours, hundreds of people absorbed the sights, smells, sounds and warmness of our town.

As a volunteer greeting the finishers, all proclaimed complete and utter delight in being in this race. The cheering squads, the welcoming staff at the Hard Rock and the well organized team made it all come together flawlessly. The Rock Tahoe Marathon team, was welcoming to all. As an observer, I think what they did for Tahoe with this event will have an incredible ripple effect. It was an honor to be a part of it all.
The 'entertainment' for the Expo came in the form of a raucous, albeit very sweet, bachelor party. They heard the music being played by the DJ and were drawn to it like moths to light. HYSTERICAL.


Our job was to help direct the 2,000 runners (sold out by the way) to pick up their bib numbers for tomorrow's big day.
While I should have not been Up Rocking I'm so glad I was. It gave Cyndi and me eights hours in which to catch up and it was just such a blast. This is the race of all races. You might even say it ROCKS!

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments