Tier 4 Storm Today: The Highest Level

Just when I think it's as exciting as it can be, the City of South Lake Tahoe issues a "blizzard warning".

According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), “a Blizzard Warning has been issued for the Sierra through Wednesday morning. Dangerous and potentially life threatening blizzard conditions are possible in the Sierra Mountains. Multiple feet of snowfall are expected. Strong winds will produce zero visibility in whiteout conditions along with high drifting snow. Do not attempt to travel as first responders may not be able to rescue you. Travel may already be impossible with several road closures due to heavy snow already being reported. Even a short walk could be deadly if you become disoriented. Avalanche danger will remain high through this storm. Stay home, stay safe!”
I wish the images could capture the craziness and the beauty better. Sitting in the comfort of our cabin, I feel like I'm on the outside looking into a really wacky snow globe.

This is my real first active snowblowing. The effort won't last but at least I know I can do it. The City has said, "Residents are advised to stay off the roadways if at all possible throughout today and tomorrow. Let’s be prepared, #StayHomeStaySafe during the storm." I will listen.
As for the snowfall amounts, in total from today through Thursday we could see 15-45 inches at lake level, and 2-5 feet on the mountains.  I know we have surpassed 15 inches here already today.
This is the mound of snow on our back deck. Wild stuff here in the mountains.
I'm still smiling. I'm still loving Tahoe. And I feel very safe. There really is an excitement in weather. Steve and I have been waiting for an event like this, since moving here. The only thing that would make today better is if he were here, too. Tomorrow, if safe, I will try to get to the Lake. It must be stunning today all blanketed in white.
“Snow flurries began to fall
and they swirled around people's legs like house cats.
It was magical, this snow globe world.”
― Sarah Addison Allen

posted under |

1 comments:

Karen Booth said...

Are neighbors on the street visiting each other?

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments