Rocking Chairs & Bombs

Our friends were hosting a Garage Sale for a house they recently purchased- full of the previous occupant's 'treasures'. While cleaning out the cellar, they found a large mortar (bazooka shell). Steve saw it sitting there and all agreed the police should be called. This is the follow up:

Yes, the round was/is live ~ it was taken to Naval Air Station Fallon to be blown up. I had only my cell phone, which isn't very good for this, as my camera was trapped in the house.  They'd only give us a minute to get our dog, Lily, out. We didn't even get the car, so we were stuck sitting around, a block away for most of the time.  Oh well.  I wish I had gotten a photo of the huge Douglas Co. bomb squad truck. 
It did not make for a great garage sale but it's an interesting story to tell and we got a perfect rocking chair.

posted under |

1 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

Wow. That is a great story...and not good for business. I am glad that you all are safe, and I am sure the bomb squad was happy to get some action!
***

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments