My Week in Review...

It has been an interesting eight days, hence the quietness here!  Steve was in Temecula on business and while there, his mom had some medical issues that would be keeping him even longer.  Since I was missing him so and wanting to help, I headed south.

When Ivan's graduation concluded at 3:30 PM, I headed down I-5, for the 460 mile drive from Sacramento.  This was the longest drive I had done, not only alone but at night!  Thank goodness for 80's music.
In the midst of everything else that was happening,  the folks are moving out of their home of 17 years.  One of the objectives was to sell the equipment that will no longer be needed at the new place.  As one who is a firm believer in the proverb, "All work and no play..." I enjoyed driving this toy.
In addition to packing (and all that is involved with that endeavor), we visited the folks' new neighborhood and had lunch at the Clubhouse.
This visit provided a great deal of opportunities to say goodbye to the house we have all loved.  For almost two decades, this was the family focal point.  And while the new place will be exceptional, a last visit was neededOur nephews, Joel and Ian, came for dinner which was an added bonus to being in Temecula.
“When I was a kid my parents moved a lot,
but I always found them."
-Rodney Dangerfield

posted under |

1 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

I am glad you were able to have fun on your unexpected trip down south.
I am also happy for Ross and Betty who are downsizing, if not with the size of the house at least with the property. It was a lot to take care of. Now when you come visit we can meet up at my dad's which is only 9 minutes away. (I know this because my mom worked at the sports store in Bear Creek for a while.)

Oh, and I LOVE the golf ball picture!! Very artsy fartsy.
***

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments