AAUW Math & Science Day...

I spent my day with 6th- 12th grade girls at our community college.  I walked away having learned a great deal as well.

Girls attended unique hands-on workshops which were led by professional women who were excited about sharing their science, technology, engineering and math careers with participants!
The girls studied everything from biology, chemistry, forensics, and math, to zoology!
I attended every workshop and saw how engaged and eager the girls were to learn.  It was a day of scientific and self discovery.  It made me want to study the sciences and I never thought I would!  What a great experience for all us girls.

“If we’re going to out-innovate and out-educate the rest of the world,
we’ve got to open doors for everyone.
We need all hands on deck, and that means clearing hurdles for women and girls
as they navigate careers in science, technology, engineering, and math.”
 -First Lady Michelle Obama

posted under |

1 comments:

nann said...

“Charlotte Counseling” Isaiah Counseling & Consulting in Charlotte, NC provided counseling services for women, men, children and couples.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments