Home in The Villages, Florida
After leaving the ship, we grabbed our rental car and headed north to visit my only aunt, Dorothy.
There were four generations of fun : (from l-r) Aunt Dorothy, me, Jaydin, Ellen and Terri.  This was the first time I met my second cousin Ellen and totally fell in love with her little guy.
To all the other babies out there, past and present, this little love bug tops them all.  But what Steve and I realized is that grandparenting is for the young (yet my aunt and cousin are doing an incredible job).
The Villages is an active retirement community located in sunny central Florida. Conceived over 50 years ago, with the purpose, “To create a retirement community where people’s dreams can come true.”  After a wonderful day of touring around, we can see why everyone loves it here.
Golf carts, the vehicle of choice!!!
It was too short of a visit but the relaxing activities and just being "home" was enough for us.  I will miss my family in Florida.  Plan to see another trip here in the not as distant future.  On to Walt Disney World.

posted under |

2 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

Those are some luxury golf carts!
Your extended family looks sweet. I am glad you had such a wonderful time.
I have family in Florida too that I need to visit. Maybe I should go visit...
and then stop by Disney World!
Have you been before?
Wouldn't it be fun to do a Disney world tour?!
***

Nick and Deb's Excellent Adventure said...

Good Morning Travelers! Looks like a lovely visit with family! Please say hello to Mickey and Minnie for me! Have fun being big kids!

When do you go back to LA?

XO Deb

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments