Our week at sea so far...

When I thought about a full week at sea, I was somewhat apprehensive.  What would occupy our time?  Would I be okay with the wide open with no land in sight?  Well, for those who have never been on a cruise, what a great week of complete entertainment and/or relaxation we are experiencing.  For my experienced cruising friends, you totally know what I'm talking about.

Royal Caribbean has two mottos: "Get out there" and "Why Not".  Since being at sea, we have embraced those mottos every day.  Since we seem to turn our clocks back an hour almost every day, we continue to awake to catch amazing sunrises.  While eating a breakfast of yogurt and granola, we read the daily Cruise Compass and plan every hour of our day.  That may seem overwhelming but we make certain to schedule down time as well.

So what have we been up to?  After a mile walk and a half hour in the gym (Steve walks and works out longer), we meet up with friends for Progressive Trivia.  While we aren't winning, we aren't the biggest losers either (did you know pogonophobia is a fear of beards?  We didn't).

There is music, dancing, incredible lectures, seminars, gaming and delectable dining throughout the day and night.  We have attended concerts and movies poolside.  There is something pretty magical about watching "Pirates of the Caribbean 3" while surrounded by high seas!  The cinema is one of my favorite hobbies and I've had great fun getting somewhat caught up after a movie void of 13 months.  We ate burgers and onion rings on the 12th deck at Johnny Rocket's.  Oh my gosh, the best view and a wonderful taste of home.

The evening Headliner shows have continued to WOW us.  "Saturday Night Fever, the Musical", and "Encore!" an Ice Spectacular were of a caliber that surprised and delighted us both.

I even went ice skating in the middle of the Atlantic.  How totally cool is that?  Happily I knew to get off the ice when a woman, a little younger than me, fell and broke her wrist.  I am happy to report I am injury free and I have the photos to prove it.

As you can see by the random photos above, we are enjoying our cruising experience.  I can reiterate enough how perfect this voyage home has been for us as a conclusion to our phenomenal year in Italy.  It's hard to believe we'll be home in a week and a day! 

posted under |

3 comments:

Nick and Deb's Excellent Adventure said...

It all sounds wonderful! So much excitment and the perfect end to that amazing year you had in Italy! Imagine pool and sun and ice skating all in the same day! WOW! Thanks for the updates, travel safe and savor the moments!

Thinking of you everyday!

Nick and Deb's Excellent Adventure said...

One more thing you will be home for Thanksgiving with yor family too! There is talk I may go to the trade show this year in San Diego in January! Is is close enough for a visit? I hope so!

Four Points Bulletin said...

I can't wait until you are home. (You are having way to much fun and making me jealous.) Hahaha. Everything sounds wonderful. Ice skating on a cruise ship, who would have guessed?!
Are you slowing getting used to the change in time zones? Way better than being jet lagged... Hmmm, but can you get 'cruise lagged'? :)
***

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments