My Wheel of Fortune Connections

One of the biggest news articles today is the fact that Pat Sajak has announced that he is retiring from Wheel of Fortune after 40 years of hosting.

Mr. Sajak, 76, has presided over the game show, which features contestants guessing letters to try to fill out words and phrases to win money and prizes, since 1981. He took over duties from Chuck Woolery, who was the show's first host when it debuted in 1975. Pat Sajak holds the Guinness World Record for having the “longest career as a game show host for the same show.” So cool.
While I was never on Wheel, I did stalk the famous game show host, while on Rodeo Dr. He was kind enough to pose for a photo.
After Mr. Woolery left Wheel of Fortune he eventually became the host of ScrabbleScrabble aired on NBC from 1984 to 1990. I was a contestant in 1987. No, I didn't win big but I had a blast and I am now way less than six degrees of separation from these two entertaining game show hosts. Fun memories!

posted under |

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cool, Denise! Wonder who the next host will be?

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments