43 Years of Annie & Me...

Annie is the friend who has been in my life the longest. We met at orientation for Cal State Fullerton in August of 1980.

In 2020, she moved to South Carolina and we haven't had a chance to see one another until today. She flew to California for several special events, one of which was lunch with me.
It was a delightful day of reminiscing and making plans for next time. Oh, and for recreating a 40+ year old photo.
My memory had both of us standing in front of the Denise St. sign in Orange.
And I was totally correct on remembering this classic. Matching outfits and me trying to be Annie's size. I thought I was so hysterical. Oh, and look at that 80's hair!
Steve joined us for coffee and then wandered off on his own to let us lunch, just us two girlfriends.
Dining al fresco was just perfect at Haven Craft Kitchen.
My lunch was the Avocado Toast: soft boiled egg | avocado mousse | queso fresco | pickled watermelon radish | cilantro. Yes, delicious.
Back to the memories! Annie worked at Disneyland through college and we went together quite often. We are both wearing my Dad's Bermuda shorts.
Man, do photos evoke memories. Our date will have to tide me over until next we meet (mostly in South Carolina). I can't wait!
"It does seem so pleasant to talk
with an old acquaintance that knows what you know.
I see so many of these new folks nowadays,
that seem to have neither past nor future.
Conversation’s got to have some root in the past, or else
you’ve got to explain every remark you make,
an’ it wears a person out."
– Sarah Orne Jewett
"No distance of place or lapse of time
can lessen the friendship
of those who are thoroughly persuaded
of each other’s worth."
– Robert Southey

posted under |

1 comments:

Jenny said...

I love the blast from the past ~ your outfits and hair, wow! Fun photos.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments