Friends & Fun in Tehachapi...

I have been coming here since my college girlfriend, Leslie, moved here in 1995. As we strolled its darling avenues, I kept praising it all for how it has evolved over the years.

Steve proclaimed, "You're tickled with Tehachapi!" Indeed I was.
Previously known as 'Old Town', Tehachapi was established in the 1860s. It is now registered as California Historical Landmark #643 for being the oldest settlement in the Tehachapi Valley.
We delighted in the 80° weather while appreciating the town's murals which are meant to beautify the downtown area, showcase the history of the area for local residents, and serve as a historical guide for visitors to Tehachapi. We thought they met their goal brilliantly.


The day concluded in the company of our amazing friends, Leslie and her mom, Barbara. These women have been a huge part of my life since 1981 and even though just a brief evening, I am content (though next time it will be way longer).

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments