Personalized License Plates

I've talked about interesting license plates before. As a matter of fact, I have had one on every car I've ever owned since the first one at age 16- AWHOO2U. Oh yeah, I was so clever. Now, even more so, I find plates that really talk to me and when I do, I have to photograph them.

The state of Nevada has more personalized plates than any state I've ever traveled through. I wanted to know why. It's economy! Nevada is a good deal, especially compared to California. The Silver State only charges $41.50 for the initial fee to secure one's cleverness and only $20 a year to keep it. The Golden State, on the other hand, nicks you $103 up front and another $83 in perpetuity. Yikes. That said, most of the plates are fundraisers for good causes. Ours supports Child Health and Safety Funds. Kind of makes one appreciate those California plates even more. And sometimes it's just plain entertaining trying to figure out what they mean!

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments