Reading & Seeing...

When Steve and I were in LA last month, we stumbled upon the Central Library and an exhibit of collections. One of my favorite was Tom Hanks' typewriters. I learned that he had written a book and I'm currently in love with it and Mr. Hanks' writing style.

This novel, Uncommon Type, is a collection of 17 short stories with the only common thread being a typewriter. This is just my type of book!
It has been ages since we've gone to the movies. Santa Rosa has a fabulous $3.75 seat anytime theater so Steve and I strolled, from our airbnb, to Downtown to see Bohemian Rhapsody at 3rd Street Cinemas 6. Oh man, it is several days later and this film is still haunting me, in a good way. My first concert ever was Queen, July 12, 1980 at the Los Angeles Forum. Wow. According to setlist.fm, this amazing band played 23 songs with four encores. All I remember is that it was awesome and I couldn't have picked a better "first".

The film is a touching and informative history lesson on the band with the most focus being on the talented and lost lead singer, Freddy Mercury. I wish I knew then what I know now. Wow.

I fully recommend what I'm reading and seeing. Fun stuff.

posted under |

1 comments:

Nesbit Library rocks! said...

I wonder how that theater stays in business? If they can do it why can't others?!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments