Local Art that Delights...

I have a new, little favorite place to view art- The Cannon Art Gallery in Carlsbad.

Steve and I popped by for the current exhibit, the 2019 Juried Biennial , an exhibition which features 60 works by 46 artists who live or work in San Diego County. Over the past 20 years, the William D. Cannon Art Gallery’s Juried Exhibitions have become an important showcase for the work of both emerging and mid-career artists in San Diego County. Since the first juried exhibition in 1999, more than 500 artists have appeared in the Gallery’s juried exhibitions.
One of the first works we were greeted by was Golden Sunrise Morning by Duke Windsor. It is impossible to describe the detail in this work but it is truly stunning and the guy is worth reading about.
This was a unique repurposed piece titled Education is Not My Pants. I don't fully understand its meaning but isn't that art? Thought provoking.
I liked this piece, Shrine for Music by Susan J. Osborn. If given more time, I would have fully understood it. This was the introduction on the artist's website, "Hello!  This is Susan’s world of drawing, painting and assemblage." Isn't assemblage a fun word?

 So many thoughts being provoked. How about Sue DeWulf's Rubber Ducky You're the One? Definitely made me think and I found myself liking it.
Crescendo defined: with a gradual increase in loudness. That is the title of Alison Haley Paul's painting. She states, "I am moved by the colors and textures of nature. It is the art and majesty of the natural world that continues to feed my creativity." I could have sat in this spot and enjoyed her colorful work for a long time.

Each piece in this exhibit delighted me in some way. Art is pretty darn cool and the Cannon Gallery is a wonderful place in which to appreciate it all.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments