A unique birthday gift...

My daughter-in-law's family grows many things, my favorite of which is the Fuerte Avocado.
The Fuerte variety is an established avocado favorite.  It is a California winter variety that has an excellent flavor.  The name Fuerte, which means strong in Spanish, was given after this variety was one of the sole varieties to survive freezing temperatures.  Harvested late fall through spring, the Fuerte is the original high quality California Avocado.  The Fuerte is a smooth skin variety and is on the verge of being classified in  the "avocado other" category. There is now so few trees planted that it is no longer marketed to the consumer via retail stores.

Today, much to my delight, I received a birthday box of these green delicacies.  I found a link that tells us 10 reasons to eat avocados.  I only need one- my birthday box full of them.  Woo hoo, what a gift.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments