My Birthday in China 2008...

Being as I was the hostess for this month's "Talking on Paper", I was given the task of determining the writing prompt.  Since it is my birthday month, I chose the topic for our five minutes of writing:  Tell us about about your most memorable or interesting birthday.  I chose to write about by birthday trip to China because I had never had the chance to blog about it.  Writing for five minutes is not nearly enough time to capture the magicalness, but here goes:
I went to the Temecula Valley Chamber of Commerce office about something completely unrelated and being rather nosy, I found a flyer for a Chamber sponsored trip to China.  Ten days, meals included, 4 and 5 Star hotels, English speaking guides and all happening right before the Summer Olympics.  I felt this was probably the best time to go because the people of China would most likely be aiming to please.

We were planning on going to Hawaii with friends for Spring Break, but this was such an amazing deal at $1499 per person, all inclusive to China.  We were sold!  Our boys were excited, as excited as they get.  Our Hawaiian travel partners decided to go as well.  We spread the word.  We traveled with 258 people from our own hometown, thirty of the adventurers were friends of ours.
How incredible to be surrounded by friends, celebrating on the Great Wall of China.  This was one of those trips I never planned to take, but we are all so incredibly glad we did.  It was an unforgettable birthday!

posted under |

1 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

I didn't see the soldiers on the part of the Great Wall I was on. Much of the portion had not been redone and the stairs were almost unrecognizable; they were just crumbles of ancient rock. It is fun seeing your pictures.
What a fun way to spend your birthday. As long as I teach I will not be spending my birthday abroad. What a great memory you hold.
***

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments