Good friends, yummy food...

Our meeting of Paul and Judy is almost as bizarre as David and Karen (Uniquely acquainted friends- Feb. 13th).  Judy is our friend, Mark's, sister and we met her and her husband, Paul, in the bus on the way to embark on our China trip in 2008.

Since then we have spent time with them in Palm Springs with Carol and Mark, stayed with them at their home in Lititz, PA (May 5, 2010) and shared Spoleto, Italy with them when we lived there (including a cruise).

Tonight we all reunited in Temecula for a delicious pasta meal, reminiscing and just enjoying the weirdness of how we all are connected.  Dessert was a simple but fun treat served to me by my girlfriend, Leslie's, mom.  Buon appetito!

The apple thing is pretty simple. The main ingredients are just an apple, a tube of Crescent dough and maple syrup. I generally use my favorite Jonagold apples, or Gala when the Jonagold isn't available, but I'm sure I would use any other apple that came to hand.

Peel, core, and cut the apple into 8 sections. Unroll the total crescent roll dough, place a chunk of apple on each triangle of the dough. Sprinkle cinnamon/sugar on each apple chunk. Cut along the perforated sections and roll the crescent piece around the apple and put on a greased or parchment lined pan. Pour maple syrup over it and bake at 350° for about 25-30 minutes  or until dough is done. 

As you can see, this is such a loose "recipe", that there's plenty of room for improvement and variations. (I added pecans and topped it with Vanilla Bean ice cream).

I'm sure yours will be a great success. Considering that once I inadvertently used garlic flavored crescent rolls instead of the plain ones, and all of them were eaten.  I'm sure yours can't possibly top that low point in culinary endeavors......although the garlic apple roll-ups do make a nice contribution to family lore :-)

Love,
Barbara

posted under |

1 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

Mmmmm the dessert LOOKS delicious, but now I can try it for myself! Thanks!
You really have a plethora of friends.
***

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments