My Oscar Monday...

Since Steve and I live in a trailer, we are without the ability to watch the Academy Awards live but today I hung out with my girlfriend, Lynne, who taped the most important wins for our very fun Oscar Monday.  While I hadn't seen a majority of the nominated films, I was happy to see Meryl Streep win (one of my favorites).  I thought the conclusion of her speech was wonderful, " — I really want to thank all my colleagues, all my friends. I look out here and I see my life before my eyes, my old friends, my new friends and really this is such a great honor but the thing that counts the most with me is the friendships and the love and the sheer joy we have shared making movies together. My friends, thank you, all of you, departed and here for this inexplicably wonderful career. Thank you so much. Thank you."
 
I know the photo above is not new, but I just had to include myself with Billy Crystal, the host of this year's Oscars, just because I still think it is so cool I met him last year!
 
After watching, I have a very full Redbox® 'wish list'.

posted under |

1 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

I love Meryl Streep (for Mama Mia), and Billy Crystal (for City Slickers). I didn't see the awards, so thank you for sharing her acceptance speech. She sounds humble.

If I have seen movie stars I have not recognized them. I saw Elaine Bennis' boss, Mr. Peterman, at the airport and didn't recognize him. And supposedly I helped Denise Richards at Starbucks and had no idea. Suffice it to say I probably won't ever have stars on my blog. :)
***

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments