I've Been Busy Since Returning Home

Steve picked me up, from my five days in Virginia, on Friday (his birthday), and I seem to have hit the SoCal ground running!

Cindy arrived on Sunday for a sleepover. We spent the entire next day, running around Temecula like in the old days.
After a brisk three mile walk, we headed to Le Coffee Shop to plot each of our Paris soirees for next year. Ce que c'est drôle! Thrift store shopping and various other pursuits ensued. What fun!
I finished the delightful book which accompanied me on my trip to Virginia, The Little Kiosk By The Sea, by Jennifer Bohnet. "Meet Sabine, desperately fighting to save her little kiosk from closure whilst turning down her friend Owen’s proposals, time and time again. Cue Harriet, returning to Dartmouth after thirty years, haunted by the scandal that drove her away and shocked by a legacy that threatens her relationship with her journalist daughter. Enter Rachel, the mysterious newcomer who has an unexpected chemistry with a local widower, and who sets in motion a chain of events she could never have predicted… One thing’s for sure, as the autumn tide turns, there’ll be more than one secret laid bare!"
The 80° temp was the catalyst to get us to Oceanside.

Oh man! Happy Place #2.
Besides the beach, The Seabird Resort is one of our favorite reasons to go to O'side.
Within is the Oceanside Museum of Art West whose treasures change quarterly.
The Plein Art paintings were exceptional. We became fans of Eileen McCullough.

Geoff Allen's watercolors were equally impressive.

Toni Williams' From Above was an oil painting that I loved.
Since returning, we've accompanied Steve's Mom to some appointments. I saw this request on one of the doors and I appreciated the reminder.
Dinner, following one of the appointments, was at a Mexican café. This was how they served their guacamole. I so love whimsy!
Tonight, our only responsibility was to chill with David and Karen at Cougar Winery. It was just what this tired traveler needed.
“Clouds come floating into my life,
no longer to carry rain or usher storm,
but to add color to my sunset sky.”
-Rabindranath Tagore

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments