Nature Art Time...

When this guy landed in my son's yard, my daughter-in-law looked at it as a teaching and art opportunity. What fun that I was there to be a part of it all.

In some cultures, a praying mantis can be a sign of good luck or fortune. Native Americans believe the insect came before the creation of man and Earth. Paintings, inscriptions, revered symbols and carvings have the insect depicted as a symbol. The bugs represent wealth, success, large families and the cycle of life.
For us, it was a chance to sketch and watercolor paint what we were observing. My DIL is very artistic.
My granddaughter takes after her mom.

My mantis was my first attempt at watercolor artistry. I was pretty pleased with myself. I'm now motivated to do more. Creativity is found in the most interesting of places.

posted under |

1 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

Nice work. I love praying mantises. I wish they were more common! Did you know that praying mantises are the only invertebrate that are known to see in 3D? This is what makes them such skillful hunters.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments