Our Way Wonderful Wednesday!

 What an incredibly diverse, and very wonderful, day!

We began the morning at my orthopedist for a foot fracture follow-up. Dr. Schultzel has determined that I am healing well, though not fully, and that I no longer need to wear the protective boot that I have been in since May 6th. Woohoo.
With that news, we headed to the Village of Encinitas for a stroll, a history lesson, lunch, and some thrifting... these are a few of my favorite things 𝅘𝅥𝅮.
I loved this mosaic (and the fact that my feet in this photo have on matching footwear). It depicts the very cool theatre across the street.
On February 11, 1928, La Paloma Theatre opened with the film The Cohens And Kellys in Paris. The gala event was attended by Hollywood starlet, and soon to be Academy Award winner, Mary Pickford. Big doings for this beach town.
With The Dove currently showing Jaws, I'm tempted to come back for a big screen viewing of the film that kept me out of the ocean for years. I haven't seen it in a theater since it was released in 1975. I'm still a little frightened.
Next stop was at Carlsbad Farmers Market. There is just something about a Farmers Market. Sadly, I haven't been to enough of them this summer.





The finale to our wonderful day happened on the patio of Cougar Vineyard & Winery with Karen and David. They were in Temecula for a wine pick up party and the timing of it all worked out ideally. What a day!

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments