My Bone Break #8

Yes, I have a lifetime of breaking things and what I didn't mention about our day at Temecula's Rod Run was how it ended for me.

My visit concluded with me being left on a curb with what I was certain to be a broken foot.
I don't even remember what I was doing. I did take a 'shortcut' through an uneven planter while wearing sandals which I had slid off of previously!
Saturday afternoon's visit to Urgent Care confirmed my suspicion. I fractured the fifth metatarsal in my left foot (the bone connected to my pinkie toe).  "This type of break can happen when a person jumps or changes direction quickly and twists his or her foot or ankle the wrong way. This fracture is common among dancers because their work involves a lot of jumping, and balancing and turning on one foot." See it's not just me.
Today, I saw an incredible orthopedist, Dr. Mark Schultzel. His team was thorough and comforting. The prognosis is a good one. No surgery. No cast (just a supportive boot). No permanent damage as long as I am more careful (mindful) and let the healing happen. While no fracture is a good one, at least this has happened early enough in our calendar to allow most of our summer fun to still occur. Wish me luck!

"Broken crayons still color the same." -Trent Shelton

posted under |

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew, this sounds like the best outcome for a break. I hope the healing is quick.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments