A Passover Lesson at WinCo?

I have to admit, I know very little about Passover (though I stayed with a Jewish family and celebrated it, on an 8th grade field trip).

When I saw this display of Passover kitsch, I was intrigued to learn more (the cozy slipper socks, printed to look like Matzah bread, read, "Kosher for Passover").
I knew about the evil Pharaoh, enslaving the Jewish people and the fact that he ordered their sons to be killed. I even knew about Moses and his heroics.

What I knew nothing about was the plagues. "In order to punish the Pharaoh to free the Israelites, God sent a series of 10 plagues to Egypt. The water turned to blood, frogs swarmed, there was an itchy lice infestation, wild animals roamed the cities, the cows died, the people got boils (terrible sores on their skin), there were hailstorms, swarms of locusts ate the crops, and the sun went away for three days." Now, because of these Finger Puppets, I know so much more.
If the puppets did not fully explain the situation, one could purchase this Passover Bag of Plagues which includes "one toy of every plague".
I want to wish all my Jewish friends a Chag Sameach!

posted under |

1 comments:

dasboo said...

Thanks for publishing this, Denise!
If I had or knew of little ones I would run down to WinCo and get some of the stuff. I particularly like the 10 finger puppets.
Chag Pesach Sameach!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments