My Great Backyard Bird Count...

Wanting to parallel play with Jenny (who is a very serious birder in South Lake Tahoe), I spent a few moments ogling the wonderful creatures flitting about in my backyard.

Jenny is a participant in the 24th annual Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC). "Lots of people turned to birdwatching during the past year, seeking enjoyment and relaxation. Chickadees, cardinals, finches and other birds are doing their part to lift human spirits. The GBBC is a great opportunity for all budding birdwatchers and bird-count veterans to use their skills. People from around the world count the birds they see for at least 15 minutes on one or more days of the count, and then enter their checklists online." While I'm not documenting, I am delighting in taking time to observe, listen and appreciate.


“In order to see birds it is necessary to become a part of the silence.”
-Robert Lynd




I saw at least a dozen different species but was only able to capture a few. But what beauty!

posted under |

1 comments:

Jenny said...

You found some cool birds! A Kingbird ~ I'd be excited to know whether it is a Western or Tropical Kingbird. And I love the Bewick's Wren ~ a cheerful singer. Fun sharing the GBBC day with you.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments