Write About Your Fortune...

Since it was my turn to host our AAUW's writing group. Talking on Paper, I chose to utilize my delicious souvenir from SF's Chinatown... fortune cookies.

The prompt, for our five minute writing, was for each person to chose a Fortune Cookie and write about 'how you made the fortune come true' or 'how can you make it a reality'. The cool thing about it was that no two fortunes were the same so we each shared incredibly unique works.

"You shall attain great wisdom with each passing year."
I wrote: It seems that as I get older, I am gathering friends who are more mature than me (translation: have had more birthdays). When my sons were young, friends were chosen because of commonality: shared classes, scouting troops, or karate classes.

Now it seems, friendships are formed because of more adult/active interests: writing, hiking, volunteering and travel.

The gift of these older friends is the unique and wise perspectives they share with me. Since they have experienced life longer, the wisdom they impart is thoughtful, sage and highly appreciated. I truly am attaining great wisdom with each passing year through my wonderful friendships. What great fortune!

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments