Library Proclamation...

I am a passionate supporter of the Friends of the Library and libraries in general. When I was told that our little nonprofit "that does" was getting recognized, Karen and I headed back to Placerville.

County-wide results show that I'm not the only one who views libraries the way I do.  The survey showed that "The service with the greatest impact on the quality of life was the library".
The tremendous good the Friends does was recognized today in a Proclamation. The take away line for me was:
NOW, THEREFORE, LET IT BE PROCLAIMED, that the Board of Supervisors of the County of El Dorado recognizes and sincerely thanks the dedicated volunteers of the Friends of the Library of El Dorado County for all they do on behalf of our library and county.
A number of us from various branches attended. This was a very cool start to our day!
To build up a library is to create a life.
It’s never just a random collection of books.
–Carlos María Domínguez

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments