I♥ My Fitbit!

Hopefully by putting this in writing, you will hold me to my goal: I want to hike Mt. Tallac. This is an admirable goal. The trailhead begins at 6,480' with the summit being a lofty 9,735'. The instructions are: bring a lot of water on this trail.  The climb to the summit can get very hot in summer, and much of the trail (including the steepest part) lies above timberline, where you are exposed to the relentless sun.  Dehydration is a real risk here, and water sources past Cathedral Lake are seasonal and cannot really be relied on.

Currently, there is no way in heck I will be able to accomplish this goal, so I've begun getting my heart in shape... with the help of my Fitbit, a super handy device to show my progress.

Get 24/7 heart rate, activity and sleep tracking right from your wrist with the Fitbit Charge HR™ Wireless Heart Rate, Activity & Sleep Band. Make every beat count and receive automatic motivation with this advanced tracker that lets you see heart rate, distance traveled, how well you sleep (or don't) and much more.
In addition to all the stats, I get constant praise like, "Way to go! You've walked 10,000 steps. That's the recommended number of daily steps! And by stepping up your game, you've achieved the Sneakers badge". And "Way to go! You've climbed 25 floors. The tallest trees on Earth can't top the heights you've been conquering. It's no wonder you just earned the Redwood Forest badge!" With those accolades, and Steve's support, I'm going to be yodeling from the Summit in no time. Wish me luck.

posted under |

1 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

Good luck! I should do that with you! Not the daily walking goal but the hike! :) Mt Tallac looks gorgeous!
Keep up the good work, there is nothing better than feeling like you are healthy enough to hike a mountain like that.
***

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments