Climbing Trees...

As the five minute writing prompt for my AAUW group, Talking on Paper, the hostess chose to have us "write about a childhood activity you still enjoy". Mine is tree climbing.

My brother and I were born ten months apart so we were best buddies, doing most things together. Being as he was older, he dictated our activities, thus making me a tomboy.

One of my favorite childhood diversions was tree climbing. I would not pass a tree without imagining it calling out to me. In most instances I accepted the challenge gleefully.

My most recent tree climb, to my husband's chagrin, occurred in the fall of 2010 while living in Italy. Our friend needed help picking olives from her numerous trees. While most helpers would only grab from the reachable branches, I spied the ripe fruit at the top and climbed there. While at times I was perched precariously, this flashback to my childhood only made the harvest that much sweeter. 

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments